Sunday, September 30, 2012

What is Philippine Action?

Being an action movie buff, not to mention someone who enjoys cool ways of kicking someone's ass, I've already seen a lot of different action movies. May it be mainstream western ones or asian ones, I think I've already seen a fair share of them and still on the look out for more.

Made me wonder though, has the Filipino made itself known when it comes to action movies? I mean if its about martial arts I think we can say that we do have our own
styles but were we able to showcase that in a locally made movie?

Its no brainer that asian martial arts has been popular in the action movie genre, and its an effective way to share asian culture and history to the rest of the world.

Some of my favorites:

Ip Man - Wing Chun (Chinese)





Ong Bak - Muay Thai (Thailand)





The Raid: Redemprion - Pencak Silat (Indonesia)





Maybe there's a cool Filipino action movie out there that I haven't seen yet, (you can leave a comment if you know any) or maybe this is the best we could offer. D:

No comments:

Post a Comment